We Have an Exciting Curriculum
Our curriculum is a rich and exciting mixture of subjects designed to meet the needs of all our students and help them reach their full potential.
We take pride in tailoring what is offered to ensure that the interests and talents of students are met even before they start with us; liaising closely with Primary Schools to give every student the best possible start at Falconer.
The year 7 induction programme begins in the summer of year 6 and students quickly become confident members of the Falconer community.
We organise tutor groups mainly by ability in order to deliver appropriate challenge to students of all abilities. Our Able, Gifted and Talented programme provides a rich and challenging extension to the curriculum for students with particular strengths. Targeted intervention work is provided for those students who with learning difficulties are nurtured so they too can fulfill their potential.
We aim to provide a curriculum which:
- is consistent with local and National requirements and is personalised to meet individual needs
- is broad, balanced and develops knowledge and understanding regardless of ability, gender, ethnic origin or social background
- is challenging and inspiring, enabling students to reach the highest possible level of academic success and personal growth
- helps students to be happy and secure in their learning environment
- strengthens students‘ capacity to learn by developing positive attitudes towards challenges, allowing students to think creatively, independently and rationally
- promotes self-confidence, perseverance and self-discipline, and the skills of performance, critical thinking and collaboration
- promotes our subject specialisms of sports and mathematics across all subjects
- allows students to see their school as part of a community, sharing the values of good neighbourliness and understanding that difference is a source of enrichment
- promotes strong moral values and preparation for adult life and the world of work
- provides students with a sense of success through their achievements
- encourages high aspirations and a sense of awe and wonder for the achievement of others
- provides significant cross-curricular and extra-curricular activities, which are open to all students